Build new Kernel Modules
This is a rough process to compile custom drivers for your Untangle NGFW system.
WARNING: Command line modifications to Untangle NGFW are unsupported and may cause serious problems.
Please read the warning here carefully before proceeding.
This process has to be repeated twice, once for i386 and once for amd64.
- Install system via ISO and configure.
- Login via the terminal (set the password to passwd) & Enable SSH
- Now go sit at the relative comfort of your desk
- ssh to the box email@example.com
- Create a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d called dev.list with the following content:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free deb http://archive.debian.org/debian squeeze main contrib non-free
- run apt-get update
- run apt-get --yes install untangle-development-build
- on i386 system: run apt-get --yes install linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common-untangle linux-headers-2.6.32-5-untangle-686
- on amd64 system: run apt-get --yes install linux-headers-2.6.32-5-common-untangle linux-headers-2.6.32-5-untangle-amd64
- Immediately remove the file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dev.list
You should now be in a state where you can build the kernel modules as specified by the driver supplier
Exact instructions will vary based on the module, but the goal here is to build a new .ko file and copy it into the correct place in the /lib/modules hierarchy.