Build new Kernel Modules
This is a rough process to compile custom drivers for your Untangle NGFW system.
WARNING: Command line modifications to Untangle NGFW are unsupported and may cause serious problems.
Please read the warning here carefully before proceeding.
This process has to be repeated for each architecture
- Install system via ISO and configure.
- Login via the terminal (set the password to passwd) & Enable SSH
- ssh to the box firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create a file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d called dev.list with the following content:
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free deb http://archive.debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free
- run apt-get update
- run apt-get --yes install untangle-development-build
- run apt-get --yes install linux-headers-$(uname -r)
- Immediately remove the file called /etc/apt/sources.list.d/dev.list
You should now be in a state where you can build the kernel modules as specified by the driver supplier
Exact instructions will vary based on the module, but the goal here is to build a new .ko file and copy it into the correct place in the /lib/modules hierarchy.