16.0 is a major new release containing new the new WireGuard VPN application, UEFI support, and many improvements and bug fixes.
You can now install NGFW on UEFI for most modern BIOS platforms.
With WAN Failover, you can now specify an Active Wan interface. If selected, when WAN failover falls over, it will reconnect using the new IP address. When the WAN falls back, the previous IP address.
General VPN Improvements
Tunnels for WireGuard, OpenVPN, IPSec no longer restart the entire services, only the specific tunnels enabled, disabled, or modifed.
The Lookup now allows you to specify Source/Destination for the IP address or URL to better clarify the difference between results that can occur between client addresses and destination addresses.
You can now specify a custom page for Threat Prevention blocks.
- Numerous performance improvements have been made to reporting and HTTP traffic processing.
- Admin UI now operates on applicable interface aliases.
- SSL Inspector now supports TLS 1.3.
- Under Config, System, the new Logs tab allows you to better control disk space used by logs by specifying retention.
- Report retention can now be configured at an hourly resolution.
- Event reports can now export what is displayed or the entire table.
- Web event reports now have the host field before the URI field.
- Remote syslog events are no longer cut off at a certain size limit.
- Disk space now uses a more accurate calucation.
- Exporting JSON content columns issues has been fixed.
- L2TP local directory auth fails after deleting IPsec tunnels has been fixed.
- Removing remote server from OpenVPN does not close connection has been fixed.