15.1 replaces the underlying Debian from Stretch to Buster (Debian 10). This includes a new kernel 4.19 also.
Upgrading to version 15.1 requires a reboot to the appliance. Additionally, the database is reindexed which can take around an hour. Whilst the database is reindexing, NG Firewall is online and working but the main dashboard UI will not update during this time.
15.1 does not come with a 32 bit installer. 32 bit deployments, however are still supported.
- Upgrades are available for 32 bit deployments. 32 bit 15.0 deployments can be upgraded to 15.1
- 32 bit backups can be used on 64 bit installs
- New 'Close Session' option for Web Filter block pages
- Configuration backup to Google Drive does not require Directory Connector anymore.
- Webfilter categories get reset after a restart
- DHCP relay fixed in dnsmasq 2.80-1.