15.1 replaces the underlying Debian Operating System from Stretch to Buster (Debian 10). This includes a new kernel 4.19 also.
Upgrading to version 15.1 requires a reboot to the appliance. Additionally, the database is reindexed which can take around an hour. Whilst the database is reindexing, NG Firewall is online and working but the main dashboard UI will not update during this time.
15.1 does not come with a 32 bit installer. 32 bit deployments, however, are still supported.
- Upgrades are available for 32 bit deployments. 32 bit 15.0 deployments can be upgraded to 15.1
- 32 bit backups can be used on 64 bit installs
The OpenVPN client for Windows is no longer included. Current installed and configured clients will continue to work. OpenVPN clients are available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS from OpenVPN which can be used with NG Firewall 15.1. See our OpenVPN documentation for more details
- New 'Close Session' option for Web Filter block pages
- Configuration backup to Google Drive does not require Directory Connector anymore
- Fix: Webfilter categories get reset after a restart
- Fix: DHCP relay fixed in dnsmasq 2.80-1