If you have forgotten the administrator password/credentials you can reset your administration settings to the defaults.
- If "Connect to cloud" was enabled in System settings then you can possibly access your system by using the Command Center in your account at untangle.com
- If you have physical access to the server, you can reset the settings to the default admin/passwd credentials.
Using physical access do the following steps:
1) Reboot the server
2) When you see the boot menu (GRUB) press 'e' to edit the current boot entry
3) Using your arrow keys move down to the line "linux /boot/.." and go to the end of the line and add the text " init=/bin/sh"
4) Press F10 to boot the edited option
5) When a prompt appears run the following commands:
* mount -o remount,rw / * rm -f /usr/share/untangle/settings/untangle-vm/admin.js * exit
6) Reboot the server again
7) Log in with "admin" and "passwd" and change the password to something secure.